Sunday, December 28, 2008

the dance.

For the past few weeks, we have been practicing. Not for something useful, but for our school’s End of the Semester/Christmas/New Year extravaganza. Apparently, I like to dance, so I was awarded a position in this weird Scottish folk dance with a smoke machine and flashing lights.

Did I mention that I am too big for any of the costumes? Apparently my body was not made to fit into tiny asian red-sequined-ruffle skirts. So I look like… I just look ridiculous. I don’t know who thought that this would be a good idea.

Anyway, this past Tuesday was a hectic day. First we had our final exam, which was stressful. Then, we had rehearsal and an impromptu performance (that NO ONE told us about until about 5 minutes before) at the German students’ graduation (a ridiculously embarrassing moment), 4 hours of make-up, and finally the show that evening.

I have assembled some rare footage of our infamous hoe-down above. So you too can laugh at the absurdity that is my life. The first part is a speech that Aubs and Kristin took part in, and Kathryn, Steph and I are in the dance.

At least I got to try on some fake eyelashes.

No comments: