Friday, September 17, 2010

BSF!



So, this week I started this Bible study called BSF - Bible Study Fellowship

Its a pretty awesome concept. All over the world, people study the Bible in same format. It is an 8-year series, and every year they study a different book of the Bible. I know last year they studied John, and this year we are studying Isaiah for the first time. Each week you meet together to worship, then break into small groups to discuss the portion of Isaiah you read for the week. After discussion, you go back to the large group for a lecture/message on the next portion of the book. You then get to take home lecture notes, and a set of questions to answer for the next week. BSF is non-denominational, and they actually ask that you not bring in outside references, but take everything from the Word.

What is also great, is that no matter where you are, you can probably find a BSF in the area, and we will all be studying the SAME thing!

soooo... to learn more about BSF and read their statement of faith go here: BSF

and just so you know... they have groups in Modesto,CA; Rancho Cucamonga,CA; Portland, ME; New Providence, NJ; New Brighton, MN; Tempe, AZ; Crystal Lake, IL; Richmond, CA; Las Cruces, NM; and San Diego,CA.

DO IT!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

ahhh NOOOO i missed it!!! Okay I contacted my group and they said that they have intro sessions every first week of the month. So. October. I gotcha.

Laura said...

:( Swallowed alive by school. I don't have time to do it. Baaaah. Pry for me Jena.

cinr said...

1) I got really excited when I saw your Rancho Cucamonga mention :)
2) It's during my photography class :(